Monday, July 8, 2019

"In SUMMER!"

   OLAF


I can't believe that a whole school year has gone by and I haven't written once! I suppose it must be the fact that Augie keeps me busy during the day, and totally exhausted at night. Nonetheless, here I am, a quiet rainy morning, alone with my computer and my café. A much needed time off after the last couple of weeks! We've had pre-k programs, a kinder graduation, ballet recitals, swimming classes, and an amazing wedding, all in the span of four weeks! 

The twins, Remi and Addi, had a wonderful year at their little school. It was such a special place for them to learn and play. They made new friends and discovered their world through play and imagination. They learned to cut and trace, and the alphabet and numbers, and best of all....they are potty trained (well...#1)! I'm so grateful that I got to see so much of those firsts for them! I admit, that when I went back to the classroom after my sabbatical with Mila, I felt that I'd miss out on so much with them. Clearly, I wanted to go back to my class, but I also felt that void and was missing being with my new grand-babies. Little did I know that so much would change! I was able to take the twins to and from school, take them to swimming classes, take them to the park, put them to sleep and spend countless hours just being there as they learned and developed. Changes, that brought blessings!

Interestingly enough, this new hiatus has also afforded me several personal discoveries. I've joined an exercise group of strong mommas that get together to workout and play dates. These ladies have been gracious and always welcome me as one of them. The babies get to socialize and play while the mommies do too! Thanks to Rebecca and the mommy tribe for giving me a daily routine and help me stay active and fit! Augie really loves music and loves to dance every time he hears some heart-pumping tune and I think it was the early exposure to the play lists we listen to while our workouts!

Another new found love has been listening to podcasts! I've always loved talk radio. Perhaps it because listening, reminds me of how I was lulled to sleep as a child when my mom would play late-night talk shows. But honestly, it was hard to find a radio station that has both, positive and inspiring discussions and then... I heard my first podcast! Thanks to my dear friend, Eileen,  I heard Rise Together  with Rachel and Dave Hollis. Wow! What an amazing experience it was! I couldn't wait to finish that show and tune in to the next, and the next, and the next! Every show left me thinking of something else, and needed to continue listening. These podcasts also led me to get audio books, which obviously, became a bit expensive, but that led me to discover our public library online services which offers so many great titles! I reserved book after book and got caught up with some of the top-best sellers in no time. By the way, besides Audible, and books on Apple, there are many free apps available for those of us who devour audio books. My daughter, Leci shared an app named Libby with me and it's one of my favs!

So that's what I had been up-to this school year, working out, playing and commuting with my podcasts and audiobooks. All the while, trekking Augie and/or the Moochies (my twin grand-daughters, Remi and Addi) and Mila. Couldn't be more blessed! I look forward to having a few weeks of rest, sun and surf this summer and refresh myself to start it all over again in the fall!


Next post? I'll tell you all about the "kick-off" to summer. We had a huge family event and several other surprises!!!!





2 comments:

  1. Blessed indeed! Rockstar Glamma,these years once they are gone,they are gone forever. Learned so much from this post Cesy....Downloaded Libby with my Library Card and listening to Rise Together. May the Lord continue blessing you and your GrandBabies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading and replying SuNsHiNe! (Whew! that took me a while!!!!!!) LOL! Enjoy! I have a few more podcasts that I follow and I'll share with you! Even Pedro will listen to them with me!

    ReplyDelete

A Year in a Post!

I have no excuse for not writing in almost a year! A year that was pretty much as perfect as the theory of Six Sigma Certification  states....